ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
Since its inception, the department of mechanical engineering of Radha Govind group of institutions has well known for its continuous growth in technical and practical learning environment and imparting its students with best education. The mechanical department is very well equipped with computational and laboratories facilities both in terms of hardware and software. From time to time department conducts industrial visits, seminars and workshops for the all round growth of its students.
Today mechanical engineering reshapes under the sway of advanced computational tools, improve simulation and analysis, and wholly the department such as fracture mechanics, rapid prototyping , heat transfer, solar energy, advance material science ,fluid mechanics, supply chain management, advanced manufacturing processes, thermal engineering, CAD/CAM, robotics and mechatronics, operations management, energy management, automobile engineering and more.
Departmental faculties have vast experience in industry, research as well as teaching and they upgrade themselves with new technologies, innovations and research work. Industrial expert’s guest lecturers are conducted at regular time interval to fill the gap between industries and academia; these programs help students to understand the requirement of the rapidly changing environment of industries and make students employable and make them succeed in their respective field.
Most, of the students, who graduate from the department, achieves new heights by grabbing leading positions in the field of industry, research, academics and government in both India and abroad.
Accomplish and practice technical skills to identify, analyze and tackle complex problems and issues related to mechanical engineering and build culture of hard work, good supervision in leadership and management of the department so that its students are provided with a reliable foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals and aspects necessary to formulate and prepare them for successful careers in industry that meet the needs of Indian and multinational companies (Technical and Managerial Skills).
Towards a global knowledge hub, make an effort continuously in aspiration for excellence in mechanical engineering education, research and innovation.
To impart best quality education to the students to enhance their capacity and skills to make them globally competitive mechanical engineers.
Department offers undergraduate course since 2004 and postgraduate course since 2012.
- B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering)
- B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering Lateral Entry)
- M.Tech (Mechanical Engineering)
Department is well equipped with all the laboratories facilities helping its students to educate themselves both theoretically and practically in every way possible.
- WORKSHOP (including fitting, machine, carpentry, welding, foundry, and sheet metal shop)
- ENGINEEING MECHANICS LAB
- ENGINEERING GRAPHICS LAB
- MATERIAL SCIENCE LAB
- FLUID MACHIENERY AND MECHANICS LAB
- MANUFACTURING LAB
- THERMODYNAMICS LAB
- HEAT AND MASS TRANSFER LAB
- MACHINE DESIGN LAB
- DYNAMICS OF MACHINE LAB
- REFRIGERATION & AIR CONDITIONING LAB
- IC ENGINE LAB
- CAD/CAM LAB
- NAVOTPAD LAB
- CNC LAB
Industrial visits in session (2016-17):
- Industrial visit for 2nd year students was conducted in JAIN HYDRAULICS Guru Gram in this Academic session on 1st April 2017.
- Industrial visit for 3rd year students was also conducted in HYDRO POWER PLANT Mohammadpur (UK) on 26th 2016.
- Department started a new Lab named Navotpad (Aavishkar) during the last session in which we will develop something new from the scrap material.
- To reduce the animal effort in this session departmental students of B.tech final year developed the project Utthan.
- Vertical wind turbine also fabricated in this session which is efficient at low air velocity.
- Students of mechanical department clear the GATE Exam every year.
Outcome of the mechanical engineering is to impart practical and technical knowledge to its students for optimizing the resources available in the nature for their efficient utilization.