What constitutes Ragging ?
As per the order of Honourable Supreme Court of India and subsequent Notification form University Grants Commission (UGC), ragging constitutes one or more of any intetion by any student or group of students:
1. Any act of Indiscipline, Teasing or Handling with Rudeness.
2. Any act that Prevents, Disrupts the Regular Axademic Acitivity.
3. Any activity which is likely to cause Annoyance, Hardship,
Psychological Harm or creates Fear or Apprehension.
4. Any Act of Financial Extortion or Forceful Expenditure.
5. Any Act of Physical Abuse causing Assault, Harm or danger to Health.
6. Any Act of abuse by spoken words, emails, SMS or public insult etc.
7. Any Act of injury or infringement of the fundamental right to the human dignity.
8. Any Act of Wrongful Confinement, Kidnapping, molesting or committing unnatural offences, use of criminal forces, trespass or intimidation.
9. Any unlawful assembly or conspiracy to ragging.